Integration and Inclusion
Opportunities for integration are carefully planned in order to ensure successful outcomes for all. All children in the resource base have the opportunity to integrate with their mainstream peers in a way which is meaningful to each individual. Several children successfully integrate in to mainstream classes across the curriculum throughout the day or week. Support is carefully planned for each child, through the use of visuals, carefully differentiated tasks, and adult support where needed.
There a number of pupils in the Launch Pad who benefit from pupils from their mainstream class coming to work with them in the resource base to participate in social skills and play based activities.
Pupils in the Launch Pad have access to the whole school community by having the opportunity to join in playtimes, eat in the main lunch hall, join assemblies, access school trips, form part of the school council, and access extra curricular after school and lunch time clubs.
A carefully tiered programme for integration has been set out in the following steps:
- Pupils feel safe in school and have clear and embedded routines in the Launch Pad
- Develop positive relationships with key staff across the school and know the key areas of the school
- Developing positive link with pupils in the mainstream class through the development of friendship groups/buddy systems
- Opportunities to play and interact with mainstream peers in the Launch Pad playground or main playground.
- ASD provision Lead liaises with class teachers, sharing pupil passports and plan opportunities for pupils to join in sessions (where appropriate)
- Plan supported transition visits to mainstream class.
- ASD provision Lead to monitor and review ongoing opportunities for integration in conjunction with Launch Pad staff, parents and mainstream staff.
‘We couldn’t be happier with the care and education my child has received so far.’
‘I cannot fault the school or staff. Everyone is very supportive.’
‘Thank you for helping us with her worries and for the support.’
‘Positive environment and appropriate challenge for development, excellent.’
‘I am delighted with how happy she is at school. Her skills are clearly progressing and she is extremely well supported. Her teacher clearly knows her very well.’
‘Thank you so much to all of the members of staff; our child is extremely happy here and we are very grateful.’
‘My son is extremely happy in all aspects of school. Fantastic teacher and an excellent education. ‘
‘Any concerns raised have been dealt with swiftly.’
‘She is enjoying school a lot. She is challenged appropriately and not over-loaded with homework. She speaks positively about her time at the school and her teacher.’
‘We are very happy with Bricknell as a whole. He is becoming more confident and is well supported. Thank you to all of the teachers.’
‘She is very happy at school and I only hear positive things. Many thanks to all the teaching staff.’
‘Very happy with my child’s start to year 5.’